How to Apply
All applicants must be currently enrolled as full-time students at Lingnan University or Sun Yat-sen University during the academic year for which they are applying.
Final year undergraduate and postgraduate students should provide proof of acceptance to graduate program for next academic year on or before May of the year.
Lingnan University, Hong Kong
All second-year or third-year undergraduate and postgraduate students from all majors are eligible to apply.
Sun Yat-sen University
All second-year or third-year undergraduate and first-year postgraduate students (excluding international students and students from Hong Kong or Macau) from all majors are eligible to apply.
Interested students must get approval from their faculties and submit the related application form. See detailed information below.
- Application Deadline: December 5, 2017 at 5pm China Time. NOTE: Applicants are encouraged to submit 48 hours before the deadline in case they encounter submission issues that need to be resolved.
- In-Person Interviews of Selected Applicants: January 20, 21 & 22, 2018
- Selected Applicants Notified: Early February 2018
- Orientation Program in Guangzhou for 2018 Fellows: June 8-10 or June 15-17 (dates to be confirmed later)
Step 1: Fill out the online application.
Step 2: Upload the completed and signed Application Form and Essay Questions in your online application (must be in PDF format). Download form here.
Step 3: Upload other required documents (All documents must be in PDF format. Photo must be in JPG format. Documents submitted in any formats other than what is specified will not be accepted):
a. One letter of recommendation from a person able to offer insight into the character, ability, and motivation of the applicant.
The letter should be from someone, other than a relative or friend, who knows the applicant well and can comment on her/his interest in community issues, involvement in community service activities, and personal character (work supervisor, work colleague, internship coordinator, teacher, etc.). The letter should be in English, although a letter in Chinese will be accepted if an English reference is difficult to obtain.
The recommendation letter needs to be signed by the person who recommended you. Please ask the Recommender to use this Recommendation Form. The Recommender Form/letter should be uploaded to the application website along with other material.
b. Official transcripts (with stamp)/reports of all coursework done at the college/university level.
c. One recent passport-sized photo in color. The photo must be at least 3 (w) x 5 (h) cm, and clearly show your face.
d. Photocopies of award certificates and other supplementary documents are not required for the initial application. However, candidates selected for further interview should be prepared to submit these documents upon request for the program organizer's verification.
Step 4: (This step only applies to SYSU students) Applicants must get approval from their faculties and submit the related application form.
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application form. If you having trouble accessing the online application, please contact email@example.com. If your access issue can not be resolved, please complete and submit the following forms and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lingnan WT Chan Applicant Form 2018 (must save as PDF)
- Lingnan WT Chan Application Form and Essay Questions (must save as PDF)
- Transcripts/reports of all coursework done at the college/university level. (must save as PDF)
- One passport-sized photo in color. The photo must be at least 3 (w) x 5 (h) cm, and clearly show your face. (must be saved as JPG)
- SYSU Faculty Approval Form (must be saved as PDF)
- Recommendation letter signed by your recommender (must be saved as PDF)
Application Deadline: The application deadline for the 2018 Lingnan W.T. Chan Fellowship Program is December 5, 2017 by 5pm China Time. NOTE: Applicants are encouraged to submit 48 hours before the deadline in case they encounter submission issues that need to be resolved.